Addiction Recovery is Possible
Working on a non-payment basis with recovering addicts of all types for the last 30 years has been a very rewarding experience.
It is tremendously gratifying on so many levels to watch a dejected, lost soul emerge from their drugged cocoon and morph spiritually into a productive member of society capable of living within a renewed belief system.
Primary Addictions May Include:
A few Common Secondary Issues
- compulsive liar
- compulsive disorder
- compulsive eating disorder
- compulsive mutilation
- compulsive shopping
- compulsive gambling
- compulsive hoarding
- compulsive gaming
What type of Addiction Recovery is Best
We find the best recovery is where all the concerned are on the same page with method and time frame..
- Addictions Counselor
- Family Members
- 12 step Sponsor
Organize a list of the above participants to get a great recovery underway!
These addiction recovery folks, if they tend to their recovery properly and continue to put good things into their lives, will eventually even be able to be spiritually present in relationships as well..
Often their addictions started when they were very young, so much maturing will be necessary. The process is uphill though slow – can be very gratifying.
It is not uncommon to see recovering addicts acting very immaturely even though they are not using - in fact expect this!
This site is meant to give assistance and hope to folks who have been encountering roadblocks in their recovery.
The Dean of Addictionz
Working the Solution with Multiple and Addicts of all types
- 36 Years Personal Recovery Experience in several Self Help Programs
- Addiction Recovery Outreach Trustee, NW Region Webmaster, Newsletter Editor and contributor for various Recovery Associations Publications
- Published in several major recovery publications: AA Grapevine, Al-Anon Forum, Overeaters Anonymous “Voices of Recovery” and “Lifeline”, Gamblers Anonymous “Bulletin” &”Toastmaster” Magazine
- This AddictionZ.com website is featured in Melody Beattie’s current “Codependent no More Workbook”
- Over 45 years successful contracting business experience working with over 2000 employees and Penitentiary halfway house temporary staff.
- Sponsoring many recovering multiple addicts with long term good results
- Recovery weekend workshop leader in Western Canada & US Pacific NW
- Author “You Can’t Unscrew Somebody Workbook” for relationship makeovers
- Author “Sex Inventory Workbook” for sex issues
- Author “Drunk Driving Workbook” for safety
- Author “Breaking The Cycle of Gambling Addiction” arrest the money drain!
- Author “Breaking the Cycle of Compulsive Overeating” get healthy!
Here is a thought!
Why don’t you book your sober recovery style vacation with us in beautiful downtown Victoria BC Canada at our Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast. Over the years we have had lots of therapists, recovering addicts and health professionals stay at our idyllic B&B steps from the Salish Sea. Oh and we have gourmet breakfasts too! Vanessa makes a fantastic Austrian Apple Strudel! see more on our B&B website…
Please leave your comments below, and I will be sure to answer them. If you want one of the publications but truly cannot afford it leave a comment with your email address and I’ll send you a free one…
This website is about recovery – not making money – but it wouldn’t hurt to pay a few web hosting charges if you decided to visit one of the sponsors ads… I have kept outside ads to a minumum so its not so frustrating to read. Hate those pages with an ad between every paragraph.
Have a great One Day at a Time! Dean