20 Questions for Codependents is a tool to assist individuals and helping professionals to give their clients a very quick codependency quiz.
A Self Assessment Codependency Test
Feel free to answer these questions.
|1. Did you ever lose time from work due to your relationship with an addicted person?||Yes||No|
|2. Have your relationships ever made your life unhappy?||Yes||No|
|3. Have your relationships affected your reputation?||Yes||No|
|4. Have you every felt remorse after manipulating a situation?||Yes||No|
|5. Did you ever control situations to get money to pay debts household bills or otherwise solve financial difficulties that belong to someone else?||Yes||No|
|6. Has your involvement in a relationship caused a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?||Yes||No|
|7. After a fight or disagreement, did you feel you must get even?||Yes||No|
|8. After winning an argument, did you have a strong urge to restate your point?||Yes||No|
|9. Did you often stay in a relationship until your last hope was gone?||Yes||No|
|10. Did you ever borrow money to finance another person’s addiction or associated crisis?||Yes||No|
|11. Have you ever sold anything to finance another person’s addiction or associated crisis?||Yes||No|
|12. Were you reluctant to purchase necessary items because it may cause a disagreement?||Yes||No|
|13. Did your relationships make you care less of the welfare of yourself and your family?||Yes||No|
|14. Did you ever stay in a degrading or dangerous situation longer than you planned?||Yes||No|
|15. Have you ever dragged old hurts into discussions about current items?||Yes||No|
|16. Have you ever committed, or considered committing, and illegal act to finance someone’s addiction?||Yes||No|
|17. Did your relationships cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?||Yes||No|
|18. Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to change someone else?||Yes||No|
|19. Did you ever have an idea that if loved ones would only see things your way, life would be much better?||Yes||No|
|20. Have you ever considered self-destruction as a result of your reactions or relationships?||Yes||No|
Answering yes to five or more of these questions is an indication that codependency has become a problem in your life
The Dean of Addictionz
Working the Solution with Multiple and Addicts of all types
- 36 Years Personal Recovery Experience in several Self Help Programs
- Addiction Recovery Outreach Trustee, NW Region Webmaster, Newsletter Editor and contributor for various Recovery Associations Publications
- Published in several major recovery publications: AA Grapevine, Al-Anon Forum, Overeaters Anonymous “Voices of Recovery” and “Lifeline”, Gamblers Anonymous “Bulletin” &”Toastmaster” Magazine
- This AddictionZ.com website is featured in Melody Beattie’s current “Codependent no More Workbook”
- Over 45 years successful contracting business experience working with over 2000 employees and Penitentiary halfway house temporary staff.
- Sponsoring many recovering multiple addicts with long-term good results
- Recovery weekend workshop leader in Western Canada & US Pacific NW
- Author “You Can’t Unscrew Somebody Workbook” for relationship makeovers
- Author “Sex Inventory Workbook” for sex issues
- Author “Drunk Driving Workbook” for safety
- Author “Breaking The Cycle of Gambling Addiction” arrest the money drain!
- Author “Breaking the Cycle of Compulsive Overeating” get healthy!
Here is a thought!
Why don’t you book your sober recovery style vacation with us in beautiful downtown Victoria BC Canada at our Gingerbread Cottage Bed and Breakfast. Over the years we have had lots of therapists, recovering addicts and health professionals stay at our idyllic B&B steps from the Salish Sea. Oh and we have gourmet breakfasts too! Vanessa makes a fantastic Austrian Apple Strudel! see more on our B&B website…
Please leave your comments below, and I will be sure to answer them. If you want one of the publications but truly cannot afford it leave a comment with your email address and I’ll send you a free one…
This website is about recovery – not making money – but it wouldn’t hurt to pay a few web hosting charges if you decided to visit one of the sponsors ads… I have kept outside ads to a minimum so it’s not so frustrating to read. Hate those pages with an ad between every paragraph.
Have a great One Day at a Time! Dean 🙂