Share your feelings, thoughts, recovery poems on our Facebook Page
If you like this site please
feel free to link to us.
The loss of one electron often turns an atom from negative to
Five simple rules of happiness:
1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.
Breathe in Faith...
Breathe out Fear...
Looking for a sober
Try the Gingerbread
Cottage Bed & Breakfast in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia Canada.
Gourmet food, Cute rooms and recovery atmosphere.
5 Stages of Grief
Depression is often Anger turned inward!
One Day at a Time
True addiction recovery lies in the ability to deal with
root issues, not simply medicate the symptoms of them."
You do not have to carry yesterday's hurt and damaged
feelings into today.
A fresh supply of new feelings is yours for the taking!
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking
SloganZ - Recovery Slogans
Slogans are wisdom written in shorthand!
Alcoholics Anonymous Slogans
AA formally uses these Simple Slogans to assist members to recover
during difficult periods.
- Easy Does It
- First Things First
- Live and let Live
- One Day At a Time
- But for the Grace of God
- Principles before Personalities
Al-Anon Family Groups Slogans
Al-Anon formally uses the above AA Slogans as well as these slogans to assist
members to recover during difficult periods.
- Let go and let God
- This too shall pass
- Let it begin with me
- Just for today
- Courage to change
Overeaters Anonymous Slogans
- Put down the fork
- Nothing tastes as good as abstinence
- Abstinence is the most important thing in my life
Gamblers Anonymous Slogans
- Stay away from the first bet
- One day at a Time
- Don't gamble for Today
- Get to Meetings
- Turn it Over
Other Helpful Saying's heard around AA and other 12 Step Rooms
- Where ever you go .......there you are
- You are not alone
- Stay sober for yourself
- Look for similarities rather than differences
- Remember your last drunk, use, bet etc
- Remember that addiction is incurable, progressive, and fatal
- It takes time to get better
- Depression is anger toward inward
- The lesson I must learn is simply that my control is limited to my own
behavior, my own attitudes
- The flip side to forgiveness is resentments
- The elevator is broken-------use the 'steps'
- It isn't the load that weighs us down------it's the way we carry it
- If I think, I won't drink. If I drink, I can't think
- Sick and tired of being sick and tired
- This is a selfish program
- I drank, ate, gambled, etc: too much---too often---too long
- Minds are like parachutes----they won't work unless they're open
- When your head begins to swell your mind stops growing
- A journey of a 1,000 miles begins with the first step
- When a person tries to control their addiction they have already lost control
if you want to quit-------that is our business
Stay away from the First Drink,
Drug, Bet (apply your specific addiction here)
Nothing is so bad, using won't make it worse
Most folks commit suicide with a knife and fork (Eating disorders)
First we stayed sober because we have to... then we stay sober because we are willing
to.... finally we stay sober because we want to...
One drink is too many and thousand not enough
Try not place conditions on your sobriety
Bring the body and the mind will follow
We all have another drunk left in us but we don't know if we have another
recovery in us
Be as enthusiastic about
recovery as you were about your addiction
- Be part of the solution, not part of the problem
- Use the 24-hour plan
- Live in the NOW
- Take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth
- To keep it (recovery), you have to give it away
- What goes around, comes around
- Keep an open mind
- Do the next "right thing"
- If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere
- To thine own self be true
- There are two days in every week which we have no control over----yesterday
and tomorrow. today is the only day we can change.
- When wallowing in your self-pity ...... get off the cross! We need the wood
- Learn a new dance - the old "Cross - Pot Shuffle" is out of
- Act as if.........
- It is not the experience of today that drives people mad----it is the remorse
or bitterness for something which happened yesterday and the dread of what
tomorrow may bring.
- Get it ---give it---grow in it
- Every day is a gift that is why we call it the 'present'
- Dry and tighten up (financially)
- Before engaging your mouth, put your mind in gear!
- Recovery is an education without a graduation
- Easy does it, but do it
- When all else fails, follow directions
- Addicts heal from the outside in.........but feel from the inside out
- Stick with the winners
- Look after the Little Things
- Keep coming back..........it works if you work it
- Sobriety is a journey ..........not a destination
- We are only as sick as our secrets
- Share your happiness
- Share your pain
- Count your blessings
- We're responsible for the effort - not the outcome!
- Sorrow is looking back, Worry is looking around
- Formula for failure: try to please everyone
- Humility is our acceptance of ourselves
Enjoy your Recovery
- Sober `n` crazy
- How does one become an "old-timer" ? Don't drink or use and don't die!
- We addict's are 'gifted' people
- We don't carry the alcoholic/ addict - we carry the message
- The 12 steps tell us how it works; the 12 traditions tell us why it
- Your 12 step program won't ...........keep you from going to hell.............nor is it a
ticket to heaven............but it will...........keep u sober long
enough.........for you to make up your mind...............which way you want to
- The person with the most sobriety at a meeting is the one who got up earliest
- Humility is not thinking less of yourself; It is thinking of yourself
- What if.........
- Yeah but......
- If only .......
- Remember when............
- Around recovery or "in" recovery?
- In action we got sympathy-----as long as our money lasted.
- Your 12 step program never opened the gates of heaven to let you in, It did open the gates of
hell to let you out
- Danger sign: when your eyes have wandered from the alcoholic who still
suffers and needs help-----to the faults of those whom the program has already
- There are none too dumb for the 12 step program - but many are too smart
- I want what I want, when I want it
- Alcoholism is the only disease that tells you you're all right
- The first step in overcoming mistakes is to admit them
- Knowledge of "the answers" never made anyone slip---it was failing
to practice "the answers" that were known.
- I can't .........He can..........I think I'll let him (steps 1,2,3)
- If it works.........Don't fix it
- Recovery is not something you join, it's a way of life
- Expect miracles!
- God is never late
- Courage is faith that has said its prayers
- There is a god and I am not it
- Faith is a lighted doorway, trust is a darkened hall
- We had to quit playing god
- There are no atheists in foxholes
- Possibilities and miracles are one in the same
- The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect
- When we surrender to our higher power, the journey begins
- I came -I came to - I came to believe
- Faith without works is dead
- Get out of the driver's seat.......let go and let god
- Fear is the absence of faith
- When man listens, God speaks; when man obeys, God works
- The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us
- If God seems far away, who moved ?
- If faith without works is dead; then .........willingness without action is
- Turn it over, the results are in god's hand
- Willpower = our will-ingness to use a higher power
- Remember nothing is going to happen today that you and God can't handle
- Man's extremity is god's opportunity
- AA = Altered Attitudes
- I can't handle it God; you take over
- God answers "knee mails"
- Backsliding begins when knee-bending ends
- Spirituality is the ability to get our minds off ourselves
- There is no chemical solution to a spiritual problem
- Faith is our greatest gift; sharing it with others our greatest
- Respect the anonymity of others
- Try to replace guilt with gratitude
- Let go of old ideas
- Change is a process, not an event
- Take what you can use and leave the rest
- The price for serenity and sanity is self-sacrifice
- You can't give away what you don't have
- There are 12 steps in the ladder of complete sobriety
here to read the AA Promises in full
You will be amazed
12 step programs are a school in which we are all learners and all teachers
No pain.........no gain
You either is-------or you ain't (clean)
Some of us our sicker than others
We're all here because we're not all there
Alcoholism / addiction is an equal opportunity destroyer
The road to sobriety is a simple journey for confused people with a
Pass it on
You received without cost, now give without charge
It's in the book
Before you say: I can't ............say I'll try
Don't quit 5 minutes before the miracle happens
Practice an attitude of gratitude
Another friend of Bill W's ( Bill Wilson is the co-founder of AA )
God will never give you more than you can handle
Have a good day unless of course you have made other plans
Decisions aren't forever
90 meetings in 90 days.........90/90
Don't drink, don't think, read the Big Book, and go to meetings
- Sponsors: have one-----use one-----be one
- When you are a sponsor, you get out of yourself
- If I serve, I will be served
- Call your sponsor
- Make use of the telephone therapy
- Call your sponsor before, not after, you take the first drink
- Help is only a phone call away
- There are no coincidences in recovery
- It works -------it really does !
- Your Big Book is your sponsor too
- Willingness is the key
- More will be revealed
- Be nice to newcomers .........one day they may be your sponsor
- "You will intuitively know" AA Promises
Recovery Acronyms and Word Associations
Carry the Message
- The only thing we take from this world when we leave is what we gave away
- We give it away to keep it
- Trust god.........clean house........help others
- There are members who MAKE things happen
there are members who WATCH things happen there are members who DON'T KNOW anything happen
WHICH ARE YOU ?
- Active alcoholics don't have relationships; they take hostages
- "zipper slipper"
- There is a "slip" under every skirt - ( an oldie
from the politically incorrect days of AA that still is important today)
- The lesson I must learn is simply that my control is limited to my own
behavior, my own attitudes
The Tools Of Recovery
- 12 step Meetings - Attend at least one meeting a week
- Plan of Recovery - Draw up a schedule of daily recovery
actions with your sponsors help
- Telephone - Use the telephone with other 12 step members to
avoid Isolation and keep clean
- Sponsor - Get a sponsor and Be a sponsor
- Writing - Put things down on paper instead of letting them
roll around in your head
- Service - Set up the meeting room, chair a meeting, clean
up the room after the meeting, greet newcomers.
- Anonymity - Practice the non use of gossip to make yourself
- Approved Literature - Read the approved 12 step literature
- Spirituality is the ability to get our minds off ourselves
- Bend your knees before you bend your elbow
- GOD = God Orderly Direction
- Accept your admission and Get a new attitude
- There is no magic in recovery only miracles
- The road to disappointment is paved with expectation
- A "coincidence" is a miracle in which god chooses to
- It's a pity we can't forget our troubles the same way we forget our blessings
- We are not human beings having spiritual experiences; we are spiritual beings
having human experiences
- If it isn't God's will ............I can't make it happen
- If it is meant to be...........I can't stop it
- Pain is the touchstone of spiritual growth
- Religion is for those who fear god.........spirituality is for those who have
been to hell and back
- You are exactly where God wants you to be
- To be forgiven - we must forgive
- Time wasted in getting even can never be used in getting ahead
- Be careful what you pray for; you're liable to get it
- If you turn it over and don't let go of it, you will be upside down.
- Serenity is not freedom from the storm but peace amid the storm
- Trying to pray is praying
- Sobriety delivers everything alcohol promised
- God taught us to laugh again but God please don't let us forget that we once
- Faith is not belief without proof but trust without reservation
- A 12 step meeting is where losers get together to talk about their
- What you hear and see here, stays here!
- AA is the highest priced club in the world.........if u have paid the dues,
why not enjoy the benefits ?
- Chair a meeting
- Share your experience, strength and hope, not just your garbage
- Isolation is a killer, use your telephone list, come to an extra meeting,
reach out and help the newcomer or struggling member.
- Each and every alcoholic / addict ----sober or not----teaches us some valuable lessons
about ourselves and recovery
- When you do all the talking you only learn what you already know
- Seven days without a meeting makes one WEAK
- AA has a wrench to fit every nut that walks through a meeting room door
- 12 step programs may not solve all your problems but are willing to share them
- The time to attend a meeting is when you least feel like going
- Don't watch the "slippers" but watch those who don't slip closely
and watch them go through difficulties and pull through
- Work the program from the waist up
- Some people are so successful in AA that they turn out to be almost as good
as they used to think they were when they were drinking.
- AA spoils your drinking!
- In AA we get understanding------for nothing!
- Anonymity is so important it's half of our name
- Even my worst day in sobriety / clean is better than my best day drunk /
- When all else fails.........the directions are in the Big Book (Alcoholics
- If we don't grow, we gotta go
- Read AA approved literature. Other books and materials, while they may be
excellent, are usually only one individuals slant on a subject.
- All you need to start your own AA meeting is a resentment and a coffee pot!!
- Why recovery never ends: the disease is alcoholISm, not alcoholWASM!
- The AA way of life is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special
- The smartest thing an AA member can say is, " help me "
- It takes the good and bad AA meeting----the good and bad AA talk -----to make
the fellowship "work"
- 3 A's in AA-----affection (thoughtfulness) -----attention (listening) -----appreciation (gratitude)
- Slippers in AA use the RDP---revolving door policy
- AA works for people who believe in god AA works for people who don't believe in god
AA NEVER works for people who believe they ARE god
The AA Promises
If we are painstaking about this phase of our development, we will be amazed
before we are half way through.
- We are going to know a new freedom and a new happiness. We will not regret
the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
- We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.
- No matter how far down the scale we have gone, we will see how our
experience can benefit others.
- That feeling of uselessness and self-pity will disappear.
- We will lose interest in selfish things and gain interest in our
- Self-seeking will slip away.
- Our whole attitude and outlook upon life will change.
- Fear of people and of economic insecurity will leave us.
- We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle
- We will suddenly realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for
Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among
us—sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. The will always materialize if we work
Reprinted from Alcoholics
Anonymous, 3rd Edition p. 84
The Addicts Paradoxes:
- From weakness (adversity) comes strength
- We forgive to be forgiven
- We suffer to get well
- We surrender to win
- We die to live
- From darkness comes light
- From dependence we found independence
An elder Apache was teaching his grandchildren about life.
He said to them,"A fight is going on inside me; it is a terrible fight
and it is between two wolves.
One wolf represents fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance,
self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, competition,
superiority, and ego.
The other stands for joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility,
kindness, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This
same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person too."
They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather,
"Which wolf will win?"
The old Grandpa simply replied,
"The one you feed.
Are you feeding your addiction or your recovery?
Just for today I will try to live through this day only, and
not tackle my
whole life problems at once. I can do something for 12 hours that would appall
me if I felt that I had to keep it up for a LIFETIME.
NEW! Drunk Driving Workbook
Our 20 Page Workbook Assisting Drunk Drivers to Break the Cycle
- Help to identify causes like Adrenalin and endorphins associated with
high risk behaviors
- Help to establish a effective support group to assist with arresting
- Help to establish a workable time frame to achieve the goal of stopping
drinking and driving
- Helpful Hints on how to identify Dissassociation
- Helpful Hints on how to Grieve the loss of this behavior
- Help to maintain the ability to not drink and drive
- Avoid DUI - Stop Today!
Buy our eBook Version now only $4.95 and we will email you the printable PDF
within 24 hours
Buy the Print Version for only $10.95 plus $7 S&H
Sex Inventory Self
Assessment Workbook 2012 Edition
Resolve Either "Hard Core"
Printed Workbook $39.95
120 Pages of self challenging questions
Printable 120 Page Sex Inventory 2012 Ebook
- A great tool for Addictions and Relationship Counselors
- Use it yourself as part of your Step 4 or to find yourself in a muddled
up codependent relationship.
105 Terrific Topics
- Overweight and Overeating, or eating disorder.
- Divorced or Separated, this will help pick up the pieces
- Abuse Issues, this will help you to move on.
- Addicted to sex pornography or relationships, this will help unravel
- Just want a makeover and enjoy your sexuality again?
- Over 100 Pages of questions about sex, sexuality and relationship issues
Dean Brandhagen has over 34 years of assisting recovering
addicts rebuild their lives and families
Print Books are shipped in plain brown
Ebooks are titled simply as workbook2012.pdf
and will be emailed within 24 hours of reciept of Paypal payment.
Sex Inventory 2008
Instant Purchase and download at Google Play